[geeks] M$ advertising

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 27 12:41:31 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Dave McGuire [mailto:mcguire at neurotica.com]

~ > You should see the people in this ad.
~ >
~ > There's NO WAY those people are UNIX Zealots.
~ >
~ > "I knew UNIX Zealots people... and you ad-people are NO
~ UNIX Zealots!"
~
~   I'm reminded of the time the marketing department at Digex (note
~ correct capitalization) wanted to make a brochure bragging about our
~ first NOC.  They hired models that looked like they were carved out of
~ blocks of cream cheese.  That brochure made us the laughing stock of
~ the tech industry, and the suits just couldn't understand why.
~
~           -Dave

In central PA there were billboard ads showing one ISP's support staff vs.
another ISP's support staff. The first support operator (working for the
undesireable ISP) was a buffed/chiseled corporoid. The second model was
typical rad gen-x skateboarder/surferdude type of toocool support operator
and the line at the bottom said "our geeks can beat up their geeks" or
something like that.