[geeks] The One True Rant (was: um, hi. I'm new.)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jun 26 17:41:33 CDT 2002

On June 26, David Passmore wrote:
> I've begun to view the entire tech industry as downright silly, and I'm
> looking to exit it as soon as possible.
>
> I was in a corporate boardroom the other day listening to some guys drone on
> in front of a whiteboard about their architecture and throwing around
> various acronyms and such. I burst out laughing because it seemed like they
> were doing some kind of elaborate IT mating dance with each other.
>
> I'm still interested in computing, but it's become totally unfulfilling for
> me as a career. I'll have to find some other way to make gobs of money.

  You could be a CEO and strip-mine companies.  They steal TONS of
money, don't have to lift a finger to get it, and never seem to be
held accountable.  Oh WAIT, you're an honorable person.  I suppose
that's out, then.

  WorldCom owes my mom's company many thousands of dollars.  She'll be
in deep [bankruptcy] shit if they don't pay up.  I really don't like
it when people fuck with my mom.

        -Dave