[geeks] The One True Rant (was: um, hi. I'm new.)

Jennifer Sharp jensharp at psychoses.org
Wed Jun 26 17:38:55 CDT 2002

>This brings up a new thread:  What non-geek, non-computer/electronic
hobbies
>do y'all have?
>
>I read, and play the guitar and bass... I'm tempted to get into
>engines and such, and teach Amy more about cars.
>
>Lately, I've been reading up on HVAC, since my new system gets installed
>tomorrow.

I like to read. I am a huge fan of Stephen King and I shamefully admit to
liking Anne Rice (I have always had a fascination with vampire lore).
Lately I have been reading a lot of Tom Robbins and I recently finished the
5th book in the _Clan of the Cavebear_ series by Jean Auel. I really want to
read the Hitchhiker series but have been unable to get my hands on a copy as
of yet. That may well be my next reading project.
I used to be able to sing and I wish I could play an instrument.  BUT My
main deal these days is drawing. I call it my heteroerotic art which
basically means I draw nudes. I have only one drawing available on the web
because I am still working on the rest. http://insane.psychoses.org/art Also
I collect wooden carvings. There is a pic of my favorite mask on that page.
It currently hangs above our fireplace. I have seriously pondered wearing it
as a Halloween mask but it's a bit heavy.

Jen