[geeks] The One True Rant (was: um, hi. I'm new.)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jun 26 17:38:40 CDT 2002

On June 26, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > On June 26, Jennifer Sharp wrote:
> > > As the only non-geek (ok so that is not entirely true) on the list, I just
> > > have to say: YAY! Stop taking this so seriously.
> >   The question begs asking: If this were what YOU have devoted your
> > entire life to, wouldn't you take it seriously?
>
> This brings up a new thread:  What non-geek, non-computer/electronic hobbies
> do y'all have?

  I play drums and keyboards (though the latter just a little), I
study and try to preserve the history of computing (though I guess
that doesn't really count, but it is separate and distinct from my
work stuff), and I enjoy boating.  Everything else is computer
hardware & software, electronics, and various "science-ish) things
involving them (electron microscopy, etc).

        -Dave