[geeks] The One True Rant (was: um, hi. I'm new.)

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Wed Jun 26 17:34:36 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 05:53:09PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   The question begs asking: If this were what YOU have devoted your
> entire life to, wouldn't you take it seriously?

I've begun to view the entire tech industry as downright silly, and I'm
looking to exit it as soon as possible.

I was in a corporate boardroom the other day listening to some guys drone on
in front of a whiteboard about their architecture and throwing around
various acronyms and such. I burst out laughing because it seemed like they
were doing some kind of elaborate IT mating dance with each other.

I'm still interested in computing, but it's become totally unfulfilling for
me as a career. I'll have to find some other way to make gobs of money.

David