[geeks] how to beat the heat....

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jun 26 15:51:06 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, June 26, 2002 at 16:38:47 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] how to beat the heat....
>
> They call them "Ozone Action" days here.  Stupid name, but apparently
> a serious problem.  On these Ozone Action days I'll see the air
> looking a particular type of hazy and think it is likely to be one of
> those days, and usually I find I'm right when I get to work.

It's not just the ozone, though that's a big part of it.....

Last night when the nearly-still-full moon was at "12 o'clock", it was
as orange as if it were down touching the horizon.  We got some rain
this morning that cleared some of the problem, but it's getting bad
again this aft.  As Brian said, all the storms keep buzzing on by
without any effect.  The EC lightning map is starting to look "puuurrdy"
in red though:

	http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/lightning/index_e.html

I wish they didn't keep the "current" information private for paying
customers though....

(you folks in the north half of the 48 south of the 49'th can see your
neighourhoods on the above map too)

--
								Greg A. Woods