[geeks] how to beat the heat....

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jun 26 15:45:24 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, June 26, 2002 at 15:35:13 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] how to beat the heat....
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 04:28:55PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to work in a
> > big office building on the east coast of the USA (or anywhere else the
> > humidity is bad) during a real heat wave and before the days of AC.....
>
> And this was back before people had a habit of showering EVERY day, too.

... and probably no deoderant either.  Yuck.  now you've really spoiled
my already not-so-great day....  :-(

Back when I first moved here some of the subway trains -- the red ones
supposedly from the London UK subway -- were not air conditioned, and on
days like today I learned, after getting stuck in one in an outside
section of track during a mechanical failure for over an hour during
"rush hour", to avoid them like the plague in summer months, and most
people did have deoderant on! :-)  I'm glad I don't have to ride the
subway every day these days, even though the cars are all (barring
failures) air conditioned.

--
								Greg A. Woods