[geeks] How low?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jun 25 23:19:26 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 11:59:13PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On June 25, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > >   The root of your problem was apparent from the first line of your
> > > email, Josh. ;)
> > >
> > >   You're one of the brightest people on this list.  Why did you walk
> > > up to a Win2K machine?  Was it at gunpoint? ;)
> >
> > It was at graduation point.  And I should be getting at least one
>
>   Ahh, understood.
>
> > publication out of this.  And in theory I'm helping make the operating
> > room a safer place for us all.
>
>   Huh?  Tell us more!

Well, basically the idea is surgical simulators of various types. See
http://cs.millersville.edu/~webster/haptics/ The project I'm working
on doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on that site though.  But the
short of it is that rather than the VLI device, I'm programming a
haptic feedback laparoscopic device.

>   Well, it's a good goal for when you have time.  I for one am just glad
> you're finally reaching escape velocity from school.  It'll be good to
> have you out here with us in the real world. :-)

My graduation date will be December 22nd I believe.  Either that or
the 15th.  They haven't updated the calendar that far in advance yet,
but I believe it is always the second or third sunday of the December.

That is, unless I screw something up.  I did last semester, but I
still have room so it doesn't hurt me too badly.  But I can't repeat
that.

--
Joshua D. Boyd