[geeks] How low?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jun 25 22:53:19 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 11:41:14PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   The root of your problem was apparent from the first line of your
> email, Josh. ;)
>
>   You're one of the brightest people on this list.  Why did you walk
> up to a Win2K machine?  Was it at gunpoint? ;)

It was at graduation point.  And I should be getting at least one
publication out of this.  And in theory I'm helping make the operating
room a safer place for us all.

I wish I could be doing so from an SGI, but it seems that certain
companies don't support that platform, such as out hardware vendor
(Immersion, and for what we buy[1], I believe there are no other
vendors), and our software vender [2].  They have some slick ideas in
their API[3].  If I had a year instead of a few months I could probably
duplicate it and improve it, although that would still leave me out in
the cold for hardware support.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

[1] http://www.immersion.com/products/custom/laproimpulse.shtml