[geeks] How low?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jun 25 20:24:23 CDT 2002

Eek.  I'm sitting at a Win2k machine with one of those fancy EMU10k1
based sound cards in it (read SBLive or SBAudigy), and despite having
paid for a premium card (well, someone paid, not me), Creative feels
the need to insert banner ads into their PlayCenter2 applet (the
default for playing CDs on this machine).

What next, pop under ads?

And while I'm bitching about the sound on this machine, why the heck
does muting the audio via mixer have to cover a quarter of my screen
with the word mute in ugly green?

I had brand name machines (it is a Dell).

--
Joshua D. Boyd