[geeks] Sleepy.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jun 25 12:51:17 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 12:46:04PM -0500, Jennifer Sharp wrote:
> >I've drunk a bottle of Code Red.  I took some excedirn.  I've tried
> >stretching and walking and jumping around, and still no good.
> >
> >It would really suck to be caught falling asleep at work.
>

> Try falling asleep in the middle of Calculus, sitting in the first row with
> your head thrown back and drooling and (from what I understand) snoring
> rather loudly.  My prof told me to go home after I explained it was a new
> medication I was taking. It's a good thing she knew I wasn't a party kid.

Well, I wasn't specifically told this here (since I never was
scheduled for the orientation I was supposed to get, presumably), but
at many places, sleeping on the job is a firing offense, but sleeping
in class is usually just embarrasing.  At least that what I felt when
I was told I was snoring in Bio last Tuesday.  The professor doesn't
know me, but I don't look like a party kid.  I'm frequently mistaken
for an Adult Continuing Ed person.

--
Joshua D. Boyd