[geeks] grr. emacs.

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Jun 25 10:30:25 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, June 25, 2002 at 00:28:00 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] grr. emacs.
>
> I figure its time to learn emacs.  "just because".  "i might need it someday".
> I've got a copy of the 2nd edition of "Learning GNU Emacs"...

Congrats! ;-)

> and dammit, GNU Emacs 21.2 wont compile under Solaris unless I
> disable X.  grrr.

Grrrr indeed!  I know (from being a beta tester of 21.x for "years" now)
that it was tested on SunOS-5.something.

You can send me the ./configure output (and maybe 'uname -a' too) and
last bit of compiler output or whatever down where it fails if you'd
like, though I don't have access to a test environment myself so I'd
just be guessing at the cause....

--
								Greg A. Woods