[geeks] homeowners assoc.

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jun 24 22:46:23 CDT 2002

alex j avriette wrote:

> > I almost hate to ask, but what are the possibilities of sticking a
> > Diesel in there instead of a gasser?  I'm not all that familiar with
> > Fords...
>
> does cummins make crate motors? that would seem reasonable..

Sure, they even make a 3.9l (4cyl) that essentially the 5.9l's baby
brother.  Take a 5.9, chop two cyls off, and away you go.

The limiting factor, AFAIK, is going to be the weight of the engine.
That 5.9l is *heavy*.  The 3.9l weighs less, and isn't all that much
less powerful.  The box truck I drove to CA when we moved out htere a
few years ago had a 3.9l Cummins in it and it really performed well -
even fully loaded (dunno what the GVW was, 6 rooms full of crap).

Hee hee, a 3.9l CTD would be fun to build a little hotrod around :)
I'll bet we could get it up to about 700lb-ft of torque :)
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com