[geeks] homeowners assoc.

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jun 24 20:28:47 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 21:23, alex j avriette wrote:

> does cummins make crate motors? that would seem reasonable..

Yes but the cost is 2x to 3x greater than a hot rodded gasser.  And
that's just for the block.  If I get the crate motor from ford, all of
my current accessories and engine computer will connect directly.  As
will the transmission.  As much as I'd love a diesel, the costs of doing
it right are pretty high.

About my best chance for reducing costs is that I can call in a favor
and get a diesel engine out of a carpenter schoolbus.  While I haven't
done the measurements, I'd be surprised if it would fit in the Bronco.