[geeks] Mail on Win32

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Mon Jun 24 14:39:37 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

>What is the best non-MS mail program?  I suggested mutt for win32, but
>it didn't go over well.  Thus, I suspect that something graphical is
>desired.  Is Mozilla Mail any good?
>
>This makes me wish I was further along on the mail program I'd been
>writing (wxPython and Python).  But I have no time for it now.

I was a Outlook person for years, but I recently moved to IMAP and I
don't really like the IMAP support in Outlook, so I decided to give
Mozilla a try. It's been two weeks now and their are things that drive
me crazy (no way to mark messages as read), but I have stuck with it. I
would say it does about 80% of what I want, but that is good enough for
me. Besides it gets me away from one giant file for mail. (Outlook
stores EVERYTHING in one files (.pst)).

shawn