[geeks] books for fun?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Jun 24 12:55:45 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 03:51:28PM +0100, Will Mc Donald wrote:

> If you like Banks try to get a hold of some John Brunner too.

I've had people recommend Ken McLeod recommended to me too.  I couldn't get
on with his writing, but you might.

> I think my favourite Iain M Banks is Excession, I just love all the banter and
> piss-taking between the Minds and the space battles are superb.

Excession isn't one of his best works IMO.  Favourite so far, at least of
the Culture series, would be The Player of Games.

And Feersum Enjin is just shit.

  "Dave, being Evil is no excuse for indenting like a moonshine-crazed lemur"
        -- Aaron Trevena