[geeks] books for fun?

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jun 24 09:44:15 CDT 2002

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, David Cantrell wrote:

> Right now, I'm reading Iain M. Banks "Inversions" and Robert Sobel "For
> Want of a Nail".  And in non-computer non-fiction, I'm reading Gibbon.

Iain M. Banks is an author a buddy of mine put me on to.  VERY good
stuff.  Although some of it is VERY dark.  Really.  Said friend lent
me "Against a Dark Background" with the warning of "It's very dark."
Heck, at halfway through, I thought that.  It got worse.

Don't get me wrong though, as bleak as it is, it's one of the best
books I've read.  Very worth picking up.  And, he's getting more
exposure on this side of the pond now.  When my friend started reading
Banks, he shopped amazon.co.uk quite a lot.

--Kurt