[geeks] rant in e minor.

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jun 23 17:40:04 CDT 2002

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Yeah.  Annoying.  If I want to try that, I'll *tell* them when I make my
> order.

I don't think it's a horrible idea.  There are times that they bring out
something new on the menu that I hadn't noticed before--like the
chocolate-oreo shakes at Jack in the Box.

> I'm not a real fan of Golden Chick; I like the KFC seasonings... Did Golden
> Chick used to be Golden Fried Chicken?  (lemme guess, another name change
> to get rid of the word "fried"..)

Not entirely.  They used to be separate chains, and GFC bought out the
other chain about the same time that they got a mascot.  The decided to
eventually switch names because it reflected their new image.  Besides,
the change happened well after the "fried is bad" rage of the mid '90s.
The parent company is still GFC, Inc. or somesuch.

I only know because I went to their website looking for calorie/fat
information.  No nutritional info, but lots of "our history" blurbs.

KFC's seasonings are okay, but I get tired of them pretty quickly for some
reason.  I wish they'd bring back the original original, though, instead
of whatever "original" means now.  The "extra tasty crispy" that they had
for a while in the mid-'90s was good, but they got rid of it.

--Jonathan