[geeks] Re: Amy and Lawn Nazi's

James Rice jrice at texoma.net
Sun Jun 23 17:26:53 CDT 2002

I don't usually have a lot to say, but  <soapbox>

Amy's opinion never offends me whether I agree or not.  I've never liked
weak submissive women, all of my SO's have been vocal independent
people.  Ronda, my current and final wife (I'm not going through that
ever again) is her own person with her own opinions, interests and
passions.  We mesh well and her strength, tenderness, qualities as a
mother are what attracted me to her in the first place.  I never want a
"doormat".  Weak people are boring.  I tend to be a go along person, not
making waves until someone pushes me too far then I push back...hard.
Someone calling my wife a "piece" or a "fucktoy" would have me looking
for my gun.

I appreciate the work involved in running the lists.  Bill is doing a
great job with out many rewards.  I'm getting to know some of the people
on here, some of whom are on other lists that I'm on too.  I tend to
work way too much to have many friends, so sometimes I feel that my best
friends are a few people that I will probably never meet.  I would hate
for a few assholes to spoil it for everyone else.

So, thank you Bill.  </soapbox>

On another topic. I purposely picked my neighborhood because it didn't
have a homeowners association.  I rented a house in Richardson.  The
owner lived in California and had left a lot of construction debris in a
side yard.  The sprinkler system didn't work and the landscaping had not
been completed.  My lease specifically forbid my from changing the
landscaping, removing the construction "material in outside storage" or
doing any repairs to the "home or it's systems" myself.  We were
constantly harassed by the Lawn Nazis for "improperly watering the
grass", "unsightly debris", "failure to remove concrete debris from
yard", "failure to maintain in accordance with neighborhood association
standards".  The HOA finally had the city cite me for the debris and I
had to get an attorney to force the homeowner to allow me to pay someone
to remove it.  We found out there was a long running feud between the
HOA and David the owner.

The only neighbor that would talk to us, asked the HOA for an accounting
of the dues.  The three families that ran the HOA with a Nazi SS
attitude, refused to comply.  Danny withheld three months dues.  The HOA
filed a suit to foreclose on his house for non-payment of dues.  He
finally paid the dues and then was assessed  $2200 for legal fees and
costs.  I heard their house was listed for sale.

James