[geeks] Working Music vs Thinking Music

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Sun Jun 23 16:54:39 CDT 2002

avriettea at speakeasy.net writes:

>> As in 45RPM vinyl.  A *lot* of folks believe that it has far better
>> audio quality than any format that followed it.

>i've heard the argument before: vinyl is analog, sound is analog, cd's
>are digital. it seems reasonable enough to me, but i dont know anything
>about the intricacies of sound and audiophilestuff, so i cant comment.

Bah.

The human ear has limitations. If the digital representation
goes beyond those limitations, then it's as good as anything
else.

If you want to be really picky, are the discrete electrons
carrying that audio signal from your amp to your speakers
"analog" or "digital"???

Audiophiles are people that think the proper way to test the
frequency range of a piece of equipment is to sit in a soundproofed
room with the lights dimmed and listen to an album. They wouldn't
know proper test equipment if it fell on their heads.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----- Being poked in the eye with a sharp stick makes baby jesus cry! -----