[geeks] Working Music vs Thinking Music

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 23 14:39:26 CDT 2002

On June 23, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > >now its my turn to say "huh?"
> > 7"s! Singles! 45s!
>
> I feel *really* old now.  I remember phasing out vinyl when I was at my
> DJ job in '91-94.  Cueing up records is a lost art.

  The Techno crowd (specifically the rave community) still uses vinyl a
lot, for reasons that seem to be mostly bullshit.  Pretty surprising
to me, since they mostly seem to be technical people and should, well,
"know better".

  Vinyl: Good Fucking Riddance.  A truly shitty technology that lived
FAR beyond its usefulness.

        -Dave