[geeks] homeowners assoc.

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sun Jun 23 00:27:30 CDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 01:20, James Sharp wrote:

> In the "Crotchety old assholes" category, I've seen several reports of
> homeowner associations harassing people to remove their big C band dishes
> as an "eyesore"...despite the fact that the dishes have been there for 10
> or more years.

I've actually had nastygrams put on my pickup truck from HA's when
visiting friends/family in such neighborhoods.  Telling me that my truck
is an eyesore, and against neighborhood restrictions on eyesore
vehicles.

Of course, not being a resident in those neighborhoods, such notes mean
precisely squat to me.