[geeks] Working Music vs Thinking Music

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jun 22 20:19:34 CDT 2002

On June 22, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Any suggestions on what else might work?  Also, any suggestions on what
> sort of mental excercises I might perform so that I can concentrate
> without needing any distractions at all?

  Myself, I tend to work on things that are *just* beyond my
capabilities...sometimes as a matter of circumstance, and sometimes by
choice.  This "pushes my envelope" so to speak, so I wind up learning
*very* quickly.  Of course, this also means I'm concentrating AS HARD
AS I CAN 100% of the time, often for many hours at a time...which for
me, requires near absolute silence.

  When I'm just doing sysadmin stuff or doing non-component-level
hardware, though, various types of music help a lot.

  Try these:

  - Lush
  - Enigma
  - Deep Forest