[geeks] Amusing URL

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 14:01:39 CDT 2002

On Friday 21 June 2002 19:36, Steven Hill wrote:
> We were taking bets on when the pundits would mention England's win
> in the 70s. I reckoned 5 minutes into the pre match nonsense.

I seem to remember someone saying that the last time that England beat
Brazil in the WC was in the 1970's, so it may have been unnecessary to
correct yourself. But what do I know ? I hate football ...

I annoyed someone last week who was asking what the latest score was by
answering 417-7 (it has half-time in the England football game, and
lunch in the England cricket game).

> As a Scotsman,
> Oh, and by the way, I was born in Portsmouth.

No matter how hard you squirm, that means you were English for a short
time :)

> But if I was born in a
> barn, would I be a horse? Ok, don't answer that!!!

Portsmouth is not a barn, it's a cesspit! (unfortunately I live there)