[geeks] Boston?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 21 09:46:35 CDT 2002

I thought of going to SANS, but may not be able to find time from work
(vacation coverage).

There are some Boston listers, and I live an hour away. It may be possible
to put together a bar/eatery meet. One of the most scenic drives/camping
experiences in the country can be completed in 4 hours round trip (White
Mountains, NH). You missed Motorcycle Week (just finished).

Lots of museums if that is your sort of thing. Museum of Science, Boston
Computer Museum (pretty boring), Museum of Fine Arts, Fogg Art Museum at
Harvard (somehow related). There is also a "geek club" run by (I think) the
local alternative paper called Digital Boston that may have an event while
you're there (never went, appears to be a "social networking" sorta bullshit
thing). You could also go see the Red Sox loose (ahem, I mean play).

There is also Eli Heffron's computer/techno junk store in Cambridge on
Hampshire Street (Southwest side of MIT campus). Lots of Digital/Sun/old
stuff (well, haven't been there in 5 years, but it used to be great,
probably still is). Lots of stuff strewn in piles/on tables, bring cash.