[geeks] Sun Fire V120 Server -vs- Apple Xserve

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Jun 20 20:13:11 CDT 2002

[ On Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 21:44:32 (+0200), Kevin Lee wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Sun Fire V120 Server -vs- Apple Xserve
>
> nothing against apple....but I WOULD NOT USE an apple xserve product
> for a server. IT IS OVERPRICED and support is shit.    IT is a nice toy.

Huh?  It is extremely well priced on the price/perf. curve in comparison
with anything else in its class.  If you know of anything else even
close then please post real numbers.

As for support, well Apple are claiming they'll do support which will
rival the very best in the market (eg. IBM, or HP's networking gear),
and for free.  It's hard to know how good it will be before it gets
rolling, of course....

--
								Greg A. Woods