[geeks] SGI Indigo2 hardware info?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Thu Jun 20 10:24:32 CDT 2002

I've got 256M (8x32) in my I2, and get periodic messages like "Memory
Parity Error in SIMM  S5" in my syslog.  actually, that's the message I
get now, it used to be a different number, but I rotated/reseated the
memory.  Does anybody know how the memory layout is numbered in an I2?
It's a purple Solid Impact with an R4400 250 if that helps.  I find it a
little disconcerting to be gimping away, and all the sudden be logging
in again. Apparently it is far enough up the RAM that it only seems to
get hit when I have netscape or gimp going, netscape seems to poof by
itself, but gimp takes the Xserver with it.

Tim

Proximity to wonder has blunted our perception and appreciation of it.
    --Tim Hartnell in
_Exploring_Artificial_Intelligence_on_Your_Commodore_64_