[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Tue Jun 18 16:41:39 CDT 2002

brt at g.haggve.se writes:

>dave at cca.org wrote:
>>
>> > Here at home, marla, audrey and emma.
>> > at my last $JOB, my desktop machine was "crashme"
>>
>> I had a PC at work running linux called "bleah". It eventually
>> got replaced with a sparc running openbsd called "imhotep".

>I recognize that from somewhere... "imhotep". Geez, help me. :-)

If you like ancient history, he was an important figure from the
third dynasty (~2650 BC) who was revered somewhat like Americans
think of Thomas Edison, throughout their entire history, until
getting sacked by Rome. He is credited with the first large stone
pyramid, and with inventing the stone collumn. (Howdja like *that*
on your resume?) Well, that's why *we* know him. I believe later
Egyptians simply knew of him as a "great thinker", and probably
as a source of all sorts of "wise sayings" which probably weren't
actually from him.

Otherwise, you probably know the name from the Mummy movies. :-)

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----- Being poked in the eye with a sharp stick makes baby jesus cry! -----