[geeks] Disney going to HP Linux for animation

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 17:05:12 CDT 2002

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 22:27, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > I've heard rumors of a SGI made, MIPS powered ATX board. Rumors to
>
> If they make it, and it works well, I will buy it.  I will buy it the
> first day that I can.  I will buy it, and I will love it, and I will
> hug it, and I will use it, and I will call it George...

Why George ?

> Seriously.  I would buy that.

Me too!

One of the things SGI could try to make their systems more popular is to
cut the maintenance cost (or provide a cheaper alternative to full
maintenance) ... I suggested looking at SGI at work for something SGIs
are well suited to (scientific computing), and the idea was immediately
rejected because of the maintenance cost.