[geeks] Disney going to HP Linux for animation

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 18 08:56:53 CDT 2002

~ If we're talking workstations, I'm probably not the guy to tell my
~ opinion. However, the HP (PC!) servers are _crap_ IMO. The Compaqs are
~ good, very good infact. They're very easy to service and to add
~ peripherals to, and they started out this "new generation"
~ era that did
~ all the bad stuff go away. Very nice linux-boxes IMO.

It appears that Hewlett-Compaqard is keeping the Compaq stuff and ditching
the HP Intel stuff. My company has had to switch from the 1U HP servers to
whatever replaces them (haven't seen them yet).