[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Tue Jun 18 01:24:02 CDT 2002

At 07:44 AM 6/18/02 +0200, you wrote:

>I recognize that from somewhere... "imhotep". Geez, help me. :-)

Imhotep was an official during the 3rd Dynasty and served under four kings.
He is best known for his position as vizier and high priest of Ptah during
the reign of Djoser I. Imhotep was a commoner by birth, but rose through
the ranks with his natural talents and dedication. Imhotep was called the
"Son of Ptah" but didn't limit himself to religious matters alone. He was a
very good poet, architect, and priest-physician. The greatest achievement
of Imhotep is the Step Pyramid at Saqqara. He built this pyramid for
Djoser, but it became an architectural model for the spiritual ideals of
the people of Egypt

http://interoz.com/egypt/who/imhotep.htm

I believe he was mentioned in the movie "The Mummy"