[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Tue Jun 18 00:34:48 CDT 2002

Steven Hill wrote:

> >  Here at home, marla, audrey and emma.
> >  at my last $JOB, my desktop machine was "crashme"
>
> Oh yeah, home is $blob.waroffice.net where blob is one of:
>
> phalanx

  ^^^^^^^

Hmm... That's what my computer @home is named. I never got to know what
the name stands for, what it really is, but I thought it sounded OK. :-)

I've had the honor (as a geeky admin) to name a few computers here at
work. To name a few:

Merlot & Pinot (two Compaq ModularArray 8000 cabs)
Hilfing (SGI Origin200 used for CAE calculations)
Dolly, Nicole & Pamela ("Silicon" Graphics Octanes)
Gauss (Old CAE server, Alpha800)
Ralf & Florian (Alpha ES45, Oracle-cluster)
$swedish_cartoon_characters (misc machines)

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB