[geeks] First color laptop?

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Tue Jun 18 00:14:47 CDT 2002

Ethan wrote:

> > [looks across room]
> >
> > that computer over there --> fits SLIP, IP, TCP, a dns server and a telnet
> > client into 10K.  It uses another few K for buffering etc, but you could
> > easily do it in 32k, and quite possibly in 8 if you were careful.
>
> Which computer?
>
> I found the first color laptop to be the IBM CL57-SX. Look like a beast:
> http://www.basterfield.com/museum/PS2/8554.htm

OMG! That's one big beast!

> It sounded like the WarGames IMSAI went to a museum for a while or
> something.

Good. Atleast that's a spot where it should belong, instead of in the
hands of a under-aged rich spoiled kid with too much time and/or money
on his hands.
"Maybe I could fit a Pentium 5 234209GHz in there?"
The horror!

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB