[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jun 17 21:36:56 CDT 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Kris Kirby wrote:
> I should hope I don't have to explain mine anytime soon. `orgy' usually
> raises eyebrows.

Alright, alright -- beat it out of me...

orgy 486/66 mixed bag -- 4 serial, headless, two ethernet IDE and has SCSI
barricuda One of my gateway machines, hub of all activity.
beast Dual Celeron 433, my upstairs desktop and sometimes Windows machine
monster K7/850, my `compute' server -- anything from compiling, etc.
head The MP3 server (29.5GB used of 32GB RAID5 IDE)
munky head's complement / backup -- 32GB RAID1
brodie my *first* PC I actually owned. 486DX33, 32MB RAM, *12* serial
       ports
spaz the mailbox. amazing uptimes. Running FreeBSD 3.4-R, kernel sources
     lost long ago :-)
ninbox my old, old desktop. Still runs, 3.2-R. My digital picture archive.
terrus The IPC
cyclonis IPX, 1G disk, 64M RAM
volcanis IPX, 400 MB disk, 32MB
hydralicus IPX, 400 MB disk, 32MB
sixk Intergraph Clipper, 6040. 680MB disk, 48MB ram. One big, slow X-term.
pita -- Pain In The Ass dual 133. currently dead, attempting resurrection
        as time permits.
dante a P90 with nothing better to do than be a print server. not
      implemented.

daemon -- these are the matching Multia twins. One has the original 350MB
gordita - SCSI drive (lappie-style) and the other has an external disk box
          with a 1GB Seagate Hawk (*LOUD*). About as useful as mashed
          potatoes, one has FreeBSD and the other has OpenBSD. Still
          trying to decide which I will run on them -- Free, Net, or Open.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I have three SS2s that are as yet
uninstalled / unnamed.