[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 17 19:53:52 CDT 2002

> mrbill at snoogans:~> uname -a
> SunOS snoogans 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100
>
> This is my *work machine*.   With AN ENTRY IN CORPORATE
> DNS.  8-)

its the little things :)

when i got to work all our server boxes were named XYZxx where "XYZ" is
department abbreviation and "xx" is the last octet of the machine's ip.
i was actually the first person in our department to start asking for
"creative" hostnames, and its remarkable how much developers like
working on a box that has (inferred) personality from its hostname. i'm
all for it.

alex