[geeks] New toys...

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon Jun 17 16:33:22 CDT 2002

ahh, hardware.  I so enjoyed breaking out o'scope and soldering iron for
the first time in quite a while to hack a mouse into my arcade cabinet
trackball.  Maybe I should be looking for that kind of job...

My experience with plug in tek scopes (which has all been older
machines) is that most of what ails them can be solved with a can of
contact cleaner. My 100MHz one was really noisy when acquired, but a
good dosing of contact cleaner on the module contacts and into switches
cleaned it up nicely.

Tim