[geeks] New Spam Disclaimer

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Mon Jun 17 13:43:20 CDT 2002

On Sunday, June 16, 2002, at 01:17 PM, Amy wrote:

> The only problem with spamassassin that I've seen is that while yes, it
> does block 99% of spam, it also occasionally gets 2% of valid email
> that goes through. So it can't be blocked at the ISP level.

I used to use various RBLs to block mail. My customers have made it
abundantly clear that blocking of any sort is No Good. So I now use
SpamAssassin to tag mail, and let my customers filter based on headers
as they see fit. If they want to delete, that's their business, but I
recommend people filter mail tagged as spam to a mailbox and audit it
periodically, because there *will* be false positives.

I really need to get my own filtering (mmm, sieve) in the right order -
messages from the SpamAssassin development list keep getting thrown into
my spam folder. ;)

Bryan