[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Jun 17 10:21:18 CDT 2002

> > Everyone here names their own machines, which makes for some weird
> > names....
>
> Here we have:
>
> $greek_gods
> $mountains
> $other_stuff
>
> At an old job, we named the NT boxes after the seven deadly sins..
>
> greed, lust, avarice, envy, sloth, etc...

At a place I used to work all the servers had to start with
a specific two-letter code based on the site.  Ours was "SK",
so on the VMS system I used SKITZO (DECnet limited to six
characters, and I liked the DECnet name to be the same as the
IP hostname).  Later they dropped that restriction, so I named
my new VAXstation PSYCHO.  Later we got another server that I
named PHLEGM.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net