[geeks] animaniacs question

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jun 17 03:14:57 CDT 2002

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> With my setup here, I get the same channels as DSS, without the dish on
> my roof, and *local* customer service.  I pay about the same price, too.

Probably only because you are in $BIG_CITY, where they have a call center.
$COMPANY was the same way. One beeg honking call center that answers calls
from over 300 miles in all directions.

> They dont offer telephone here, and I got rid of my cablemodem last week
> in favor of DSL from Southwestern Bell (SBC).  Was tired of fuckups from
> the cable company (instead of hiring ISP types to run the cablemodem end
> of things, they tried to do it with cable people, so they're just now starting
> to get things right...)

$COMPANY did hire a few ISP-ish type people, but one of them was a middle
manager for a software company. One of his underlings he hired from
Circuit City (*shudder*), in the computer department. Kid knows a bit. I
never got the chance to quiz him though.

Yet they terminated me with extreme prejudice. Completely ignored my
assessment on security (if it was a boat, they'd be at the bottom of the
lake[0]).

[0]: Not in those words, but the long drawn out explainations that explain
with immersive detail.