[geeks] NSI must die!!!!

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Jun 16 05:58:30 CDT 2002

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> i thought the new amy was going to be better.
>
> i guess i was wrong.

I'm not trying to choose sides or anything, but if anyone found amy's
presence on these lists, procmail *does* work, ya know.

I've never found amy's presence on the list to be bothersome. I've pretty
well accepted the fact that Amy comes before the lists do and Whatever
MrBill and MrsAmy Want Goes. Let's not forget about the trouble with
386BSD. FreeBSD and NetBSD were spawned into existance because someone
slighted Lynn Jolitz and Bill refused to release 386BSD to general
circulation, IIRC.

Look at it from the other side of the coin -- try putting a dollar value
on the intrusion into Bill's life that the lists have caused. He nearly
got sued by Sun. If I'd have been in his shoes, I don't know what I would
have done. Probably panicked. Then there is the nearly daily reports of
who's email just started bouncing, who's is up and down, etc. That's a few
more moments that he could be spending with wife, whom he has just more or
less gotten reaquanted(0) with.

So more or less -- if amy bothers you, killfile her -- but don't tell
Bill and don't gripe about her because Only You Can Prevent Yourself From
Being Administratively Unsubscribed. And finally, Amy is Amy. Just because
she's become a new person doesn't mean she's not capable of ripping
someone a new one faster than a sniper carrying a Barrett. 8-)

(0): jdb moment :-)