[geeks] Sun "V-Force" comics

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jun 14 23:57:27 CDT 2002

Anybody else remember the "transformers"-style robots shown on the Sun
front web page when the 280R and V880 were introduced?

Apparently this is a web site that ties in with some Sun internal
marketing, with comic books (in PDF format) advertising the Sun Blade
2000, SunFire 280R, and V880.  Apparently there were links showing off
a 480R (I'm guessing 4-CPU version of 280R) and a V1280 (12-cpu version
of V880), but since this link was posted on the Inquirer, they've taken
that info offline ("Coming Soon").

http://www.sun-vbots.com/

I've mirrored the comics (until someone from Sun asks me to take them
down):

http://www.sunhelp.org/vforce.php

I'd love a set of the action figures, and would buy them if Sun made
them available for purchase. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford