[geeks] Re: [SunHELP] solaris 8 problem ...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jun 14 08:44:39 CDT 2002

Hmmmm... I hate to say it, but the I think you're embarking upon an
excersise in futility.  That's not to say that there isn't a solution,
but that the solution to this particular problem is moot.

A lack of name resolution is one of those things that gives you an
initial heads-up when things have gone 'floopy' on your network.  I know
that I, personally, am alerted to a lot of network problems when name
resolution goes down - it helps me react quickly to problems and fix
them right away.

That said, the only way you're going to fix this problem is by
configuring /etc/nsswitch.conf to do some funky stuff.  I'm certain that
there are some clues on docs.sun.com.

Kurt