[geeks] #$%@!!! windows virii

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 15:42:56 CDT 2002

On Friday 07 June 2002 22:08, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> This getting ridiculous.  Some frickin virus, Klez I think, is
> growing as it spreads and mutates - the latest versions that I've
> been getting are over **330K** - yes 1/3 of a Megabyte!!

>From what I hear, it's not really Klez that grows, it's just that some
viruses will piggy-back on top of Klez. I don't pay much attention to
the virus scene but I recall a few months ago hearing of one such virus
that isn't too dangerous by itself, but it becomes much nastier when
combined with Klez.

At the rate things are going, it won't be long before these things are
smarter than the average Windows user. On second thoughts, maybe this
has already happened :)