[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Jun 13 14:45:50 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 02:12:59PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, alex j avriette wrote:
>
> > > :29,.s/^/# /
>
> > > Now I realize I don't have to know the line numbers =)
>
> > and knowing line numbers is easy with
>
> > :set number
>
> Or hit control-g and it will tell you, but it's a pain if you are only
> changing like 6 lines... why have to look it up?

So move to the last line you want to change and do

:-6,.s/foo/bar/

or move to the first line you want to change and do

:.,+6s/foo/bar/

--
David Cantrell    |    Degenerate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

 Pressure was growing last night for the global "war on terror" to be
 broadened to take in a wide range of other 'rogue emotions' including
 horror, shock and a general feeling of bewilderment about the state of
 the world.    -- The Brains Trust