[geeks] Rights abuses was: Glad I don't live in Texas!

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jun 13 12:46:00 CDT 2002

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 10:58 AM, kamakazi wrote:
> oh, and to reply to the part I quoted, able bodied people go through
> standard security measures, metal detectors, bomb sniffers, etc.
> wheelchairs are less convenient to inspect.
>
> Tim

My point was to either check everyone equally or show some common
sense.  I wasn't advocating jumping on people's rights because of the
way they look, but rather NOT jumping on people who can't possibly be a
suspect.  On Common Sense issues they apparently allowed people to bring
baseball bats on the plane but they confiscate toenail clippers... OOh
I'm gonna hold up a plane with toenail clippers.  And then there are
just insanely silly things like stores selling knives in the airport.
(absolutely no reason for that kind of store in an airport)

Andrew