[geeks] reference book suggestions?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jun 13 10:50:28 CDT 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, kamakazi wrote:

> Since I don't have hours to spend at ye olde coffee/book shoppe to read
> first, should I just go buy Oreilly, or are there books you prefer?

If you want dead-tree, O'Reilly's JavaScript book is quite good.  My
favorite HTML book was the _HTML_Sourcebook_.  Que's _Using_HTML_ isn't
bad, either.  Netscape had an excellent tag reference and JavaScript
documenation, but I can't find it there anymore.  I've got a local mirror
here:
  http://celestrion.net/docs/tagref/
  http://celestrion.net/docs/javascript/

If you know HTML already, and are just interesting in furthering your
knowledge of the newer tags, this is all you need:
  http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/wilbur/

Don't bother with HTML 4.0; it's utter shite.

--Jonathan