[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Jun 13 10:39:00 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 07:38:14AM -0400, alex j avriette wrote:
> > (Actually, I only use pico for email or when I'm commenting out large
> > parts of a config file and don't want to get RSI from ESC-i,#, down
> > arrow,
> > left arrow,i,#,down arrow, left arrow,etc. I'm in vi most of the time
> > only

a) don't use the arrow keys, learn hjkl and love it.

b) is you esc key "pc style" all the way in the corner of the keyboard?  put it
where it belongs, directly to the left of the 1 key, and vi becomes TONS easier
to use.

> > because no one has even been able to give me a hands-on lesson in
> > emacs.)

emacs is not the solution you are looking for. ;)

> esc-:-s/^/#/6
> for six lines.

good one alex.  but without me even checking, don't you need a % in there to
start it all off?

:%s/^/#/6

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --