[geeks] Politics

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Thu Jun 13 09:57:39 CDT 2002

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 04:26 , Scott Howard wrote:

> To summarize: it is a well known fact, that those people who most want
> rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize
> the
> summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President
> should
> on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the
> summary: people are a problem."\

I like what my father did.  After retiring from teaching, he served a
term on the village council, then a term as mayor.  That was it.  He saw
it as his civic duty, did it, and didn't run for a second term.

(The folks at the town hall in my hometown still miss him - I guess he
took the regular meetings from a couple of hours down to 30 minutes or
so.

I like his example.  Treat it like jury duty - you do it to serve.

-Pete