[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Wed Jun 12 14:20:21 CDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> IMHO, Michael Moore is a whiner.  I read where he had rented out a hall of
> some sort to do a talk and a book signing, and then *complained* and said
> he was being *oppressed* when he ran 2-3 hours over his allotted time and
> they told him "get out or get arrested."

Actually, the cops showed up right before the time for him to leave,
and he asked about staying a little longer because some people had
waited a while to have their books signed.  He was then threatened
with arrest.

He wasn't even really given the chance to clear out on time before
the police were involved.  Does that sound reasonable to you?

> > Did you know that a student with a single drug offense on his record can
> > be denied any federal financial aid (including possession) while
> > convicted murderers aren't denied any funding?

> Then dont get caught with drugs.

Or at least commit a lesser crime, like murdering someone, eh?

--Kurt