PRIVATE: Re: [geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Wed Jun 12 11:47:01 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 09:38:53AM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> > > rational president.  I'm Buddhist, so religion isn't an issue.  I'm more
> >                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> >
> > Ahem.
>
> And your point?  Buddhism is more of a philosopy than a religion, and I
> recognize the validity of all religions.  Therefore, I'm not
> pro-christian, pro-islam, or pro-anything.  I feel that diversity is a
> strength, and that my beliefs are just that - my beliefs.  I have no wish
> to push them on anybody.

Religious or not, you made yourself part of a group with that statement,
which seemed pretty contrary to the point you were trying to make. I realize
this is a pointless discussion since a light bulb isn't going to pop up over
your head with you suddenly saying, 'He's absolutely right!'. But, I had to
point it out, nonetheless.

David (Taoist by trade, and Democrat by politics ;)